"8-strand Christmas Holiday Clusters of Fun Kumihimo Necklace Kit"
This is a fun necklace to make and even though many of you have made "clusters" this technique is a different. I have used C-Lon Tex 400 and C-Lon Bead Cord for the "rope" portion of the braid and a combo of 8/0, 6/0 Toho/Miyuki Seed Beads & Pip Beads for the Clusters. The pattern is written for a 28" necklace (give or take) with 11 beaded clusters. You can make the necklace shorter if you like. For someone that likes a shorter necklace and has a small wrist, you could buy an extra 5mm All-in-One magnetic clasp and make a necklace and a bracelet
- C-Lon Tex 400 & C-Lon Bead Cord
- 8/0 Toho/Miyuki Seed Beads
- 6/0 Toho/Miyuki Seed Beads
- Pip Beads
- 4mm All-in-One Magnetic Clasp
- Instructions with Photos
- Tape Measure
- Needle & Thread, Cord Zapper or Fray Block to finish ends
- Glue (I use WeldBond Universal Glue - available at Ace Hardware stores & some craft stores)
You should know:
- Kumihimo Round Braid (Kongoh Gumi)
- How to drop beads (see Kumihimo Tip #14 if you need a refresher). It's easy.