Beaded Christmas - Holiday Lots of Pips Kumihimo Necklace Kit
Lots of Pips and Lots of Fun! The necklace, as pictured, has 15 sections of pattern change (including repeats). The finished length is between 21” and 22” depending on beads, braider and the use of a counterweight. (Weight can make the braid longer and softer. I do not use a counterweight). You can attach the end caps right at the ends of the beaded sections or allow more cord to show when attaching the end caps for a longer necklace. You choose!
You will need:
- Kumihimo Disk (I suggest the BeadSmith THICK mini disk.
- 8 Bobbins
- Tape Measure
- Fray Block or Cord Zapper or Needle & Thread (for finishing ends)
You should know:
- Kongoh Gumi also known as Round Braid
- How to drop beads; see Tip #14 at www.whatabraid.com for a refresher.
- 1 Spool C-Lon Bead Cord
- 3 pkgs 8/0 Toho or Miyuki Seed Beads
- 3 pkgs Czech Pip Beads
- 4mm Acrylic Magnetic End Cap
- Wide Eye Needle