*****Kusari Tsunagi Teardrop Necklace Kit - Etched Cobalt
The necklace in this kit is made with the Kusari Tsunagi braid structure. It is assumed that you are familiar with and are successful braiding the Kusari Tsunagi braid structure. The pattern will, however, teach you how to drop beads. There is a tutorial, for purchase from What a Braid, that teaches you the Kusari Tsunagi braid. Expand your repertoire and learn a fun new braid.
The Kusari Tsunagi Teardrop Necklace is really pretty and the braid structure works beautifully with the dropped beads. This braided sections, on either side of the Teardrop portion, are a lovely combination of Petite Satin, Kumihimo Rayon Ribbon and C-Lon Bead Cord. The braid is embellished with diagonally dropped double edges of Teardrops and 6/o seed beads.
These instructions are written for a 24" necklace (can vary between braiders). The necklace can be shortened depending on where you finish the ends!
You will need:
- Kumihimo Disk (newer is best; try the BeadSmith THICK mini disk)
- 8 Bobbins
- 1 Weighted Bobbin
- Counterweight (about 40 grams plus or minus)
- Tape Measure
- Fray Block (recommended)
- Glue to attach magnetic clasp (I use WeldBond Universal Glue. Available at Ace Hardware and some Craft Stores).
You should know:
- Kusari Tsunagi Braid Structure
- You will learn how to drop double edges of diagonal beads using theKusari Tsunagi Braid structure. (Beads are aligned diagonally instead of straight across from each other).
- Kumihimo Rayon Ribbon
- Petite Satin Cord (2 Colors)
- C-Lon BeadCord
- 30 Glass Teardrops
- 6/o Toho / Miyuki Seed Beads
- 5mm Acrylic Magnetic End Cap