*****Kumihimo Beaded Necklace with Handpainted Mandala #6
The Kumihimo Beaded Mandala Necklace is my new FAVORITE. The Mandala is handpainted by a lovely artist that I met while travelling in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
The beaded pattern is a simple dot pattern that compliments, but does not take away from, the gorgeous Mandala design. The adjustable closure allows this necklace to be worn at whatever length pleases you. The shortest length is around 17” and the longest length is 26 1/2” (plus or minus).
You will need:
- Kumihimo Foam Disk (I prefer the BeadSmith THICK Mini disk; thick disk provides better tension on C-Lon BeadCord.)
- 8 Plastic Bobbins
- Tape Measure
You should know:
- Kongoh Gumi also known as Round Braid
- How to drop beads; see Tip #14 at www.whatabraid.com for a refresher.
- 16 yards C-Lon BeadCord (2 colors)
- 8/o Toho/Miyuki Seed Beads (3 colors)
- Handpainted Mandala Pendant
- 2 Porcelain Pony Beads
- Barrel Bead for Adjustable Closure
- Instructions with Photos