Magatama Edge Bead Duo Necklace Kit - Hematite
The Magatama Edge Bead Duo Necklace is similar to the old and familiar Edge Bead Necklace with Satin Cord. This new version is all-beaded and the "edge beads" are the 4mm Magatama beads (not to be confused with the 4 x 7 long Magatma beads). The 4mm Magatama Beads have a rounder, softer shape and they are non-directional which means they are easy to thread!!! In this kit you will learn two awesome kumihimo techniques; 1) the edge bead technique for a beaded necklace 2) and the adjustable closure. The adjustable closure, which I have been using for several years, in alot of my kits, allows you to wear the necklace as short as you would like or as long as 28" or so (depending on braider).
- 2 Colors of C-Lon Bead Cord (pre-cut)
- 2 Colors of 8/0 Seed beads (Toho and/or Miyuki)
- 1 color 4mm Magatama Beads
- Barrel bead for Adjustable Closure
- Wide Eye Needle
- Instructions with Photos
You will need:
- Kumihimo Disk (I use the Beadsmith THICK Mini and it's great)
- 8 Bobbins (I use the Small EZ Bobbins)
- Tape Measure
- Bead Spinner (Optional)
You should know:
- Kumihimo Round Braid (Kongoh Gumi)
- How to drop beads (see Kumihimo Tip #14 if you need a refresher). It's easy.