*** 3 Color Edge Bead Necklace Kit-Rust
I call this “Duo” because there are beads on both sides of the braid. To change things up, I have created a 3-Color Edge Bead instead of the single color edge bead color. It’s a quick braid with a great look and lots of appeal. After you have made one, try other colors of cord and beads. This is a round braid that looks deceptively flat in the section where there are beads. I assure you, it is the same braid from start to finish. The style of this necklace is well suited for shorter lengths however I have provided enough material in the kit to make the necklace up to 20”. My preference is closer to 18”. The instructions are written for the longest length but you can easily adjust the size to a shorter length simply by choosing where you want to finish and trim the end sections.
You will need:
- Kumihimo Disk
- 8 Bobbins
- Tape Measure
- Needle & Thread or Fray Block (I prefer Fray Block) for finishing the ends.
- Glue to attach end caps. I use WeldBond Glue (available at Ace Hardware and some craft stores).
You should know:
- Kongoh Gumi also known as Round Braid
- How to drop beads (See Kumihimo Tip #14 at www.whatabraid.com for a reminder) and Kumihimo Tip #10 for tips on stringing seed beads on satin cord.
- 10 yards Petite Satin Cord
- 6/0 Toho/Miyuki Seed Beads (3 Colors)
- 1 Set 6mm All-in-One Magnetic Clasp
- Instructions with Photos