"8/0 Beaded Colorblock Kumihimo Necklace" - Fiesta
This Kumihimo Beaded Necklace is cheery and fun to wear. The necklace is made up of multi-colored blocks of 8/0 seed beads evenly divided by short blocks of black & white. The necklace is finished with a 4mm Acrylic Magnetic End Clasp. This is quick and fun to make.T
The beaded portion of the necklace measures approximately 24 1/2" (depending on beads, braider, tension, etc) and the Acrylic Magnetic Clasp adds about 1/2" and inch.
You will need:
- Kumihimo Disk (I use the Beadsmith THICK Mini and it's great).
- 8 Bobbins (I use the Small EZ Bobbins)
- Tape Measure
- Cord Zapper, Fray Block or Needle & Thread (for finishing ends)
- Glue to attach end clasp (I use WeldBond Universal Glue)
You should know:
- Kumihimo Round Braid (Kongoh Gumi)
- How to drop beads (see Kumihimo Tip #14 if you need a refresher). It's easy.
- 8/0 Toho/Miyuki seed bead (8 colors)
- 1 spool of C-Lon Bead Cord (you will have plenty of extra)
- 4mm Acrylic Magnetic Clasp
- Instructions with photos
You can also braid this necklace on a Marudai, however, the instructions are written for the foam disk.