"8/0 Beaded Colorblock Kumihimo Necklace" - Mixed (Black, Red, White & Silver)
This Kumihimo Beaded Necklace is fun to make and wear and it doubles as an everyday necklace and with some glitz that carries it into the holiday category! The necklace is made up of 4 colors of 8/0 seed beads in a mixed colorblock pattern. The necklace is finished with a 4mm Acrylic Magnetic End Clasp. This is fun to make but does take some time to string the beads. It's worth it though!
The beaded portion of the necklace measures approximately 25" (depending on beads, braider, tension, etc) and the Acrylic Magnetic Clasp adds about 1/2" and inch.
You will need:
- Kumihimo Disk (I use the Beadsmith THICK Mini and it's great).
- 8 Bobbins (I use the Small EZ Bobbins)
- Tape Measure
- Cord Zapper, Fray Block or Needle & Thread (for finishing ends)
- Glue to attach end clasp (I use WeldBond Universal Glue)
You should know:
- Kumihimo Round Braid (Kongoh Gumi)
- How to drop beads (see Kumihimo Tip #14 if you need a refresher). It's easy.
- 4 pkgs 8/0 Toho/Miyuki seed bead
- 1 spool of C-Lon Bead Cord (you will have plenty of extra)
- 4mm Acrylic Magnetic Clasp
- Instructions with photos
You can also braid this necklace on a Marudai, however, the instructions are written for the foam disk.